If the search results page is not displaying properly, please follow the below guide to clear your cache* in your browser. * Please note that clearing your cache may delete some saved information such as login details from your browser.
For Windows users
- Ctrl + R
- Ctrl + Shift + R
- Shift + F5
For Mac users
- Command + R
- Command + Shift + R
If the above does not work, please follow the instructions below to clear your browser’s cache manually.
For Google Chrome users
- Go to your History Settings (Ctrl + H)
- Click on clear browsing data on the left.
- On the “clear browsing data” page
– Select a time range (preferably last 7 days)
– Check cached images and files
Select other data you wish to clear as required.
– Click clear data
For Firefox users
- Go to Tools > Options
- Go to the “Privacy and Security” section
- Under “Cookies and Site Data”, click on “Clear Data” and then “Clear”
For Internet Explorer Users
- Click on the cog-symbol in the upper right corner of the browser and select “Internet Options”
- In the tab “General” you can find a section “Browser history”. When you click on the button “Delete” a new Window opens.
- Make sure “Temporary Internet files and website files” is selected and click on “Delete”